How Long are the Reservations?
– 2 hour reservations are based on availability
– You may rent up to 8 hours in one full day
– We offer multi-day rentals if you have a TRPA approved buoy
What Are The Time Frames For A Half-Day, 4 Hour Rental?
– Morning Rentals will start between 8:30 and 10:30am
– Afternoon Rentals will start between 2:00 and 4:00 pm
What Is The Best Time To Rent A Boat?
The ideal time to start a rental is between 9 and 10am. Lake Tahoe is known to get windy in the afternoon.
What is the Cancelation Policy? (INCLUDES UPDATED CORVID-19 POLICY)
We take NO payment at the time of booking.
- –If travel and business restrictions have been lifted by the state of California, your unpaid reservation will be paid in full on June 1st.
- -If the state of California has not lifted travel and business restrictions by June 1st, Rent a Boat Tahoe will not be collecting payment at that time. You will be notified prior to any payment via email.
- -As of June 1st, any cancelation made eight or more days from the date of the reservation will forfeit 25% of the total cost.
- -Any cancelation made within seven days of the reservation will forfeit the entire amount of the reservation.
- -Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation.
- -No-shows will be charged the full price.
USCG REGULATION FOR LAKE TAHOE Please note that any rental boat on Lake Tahoe can only carry 13 passengers max. Please do not show up with more than 12 passengers as the captain will account for the 13th spot. If other companies tell you they can take more than 13 passengers they are doing so illegally. Do not risk it, it will ruin your day.
Can You Deliver Us to Private Piers & Buoys?
We offer Free Delivery to private piers and buoys, depending on lake levels.
Are Fuel and Taxes Included in the Rate?
Yes, fuel and taxes are included in the rate.
Is a Deposit Required?
– We take 100% payment at time of booking.
– If you cancel outside of 72 hours of your reservation, you will forfeit 25% of your rate.
– We will determine if the weather is safe for boating. If the weather is unsafe, we will refund you 100% of your price.
Where Do I Park?
Parking is on the street in front of Mourelatos Lake Front Resort, in Tahoe Vista. Please park and check-in 30 min prior to your reservation.
Do You Offer Transportation?
A lot of our groups are far away or need transportation. We love this company.
Tahoe Elite gets you to us on time and they have sprinter vans!
Do You Rent Water Toys?
– Yes! Click Here For Rates
What if I Don't Feel Comfortable Driving the Boat?
Many of our clients do not want to operate their own vessel.
Our experienced captains will insure you have a good time.
We can provide a licensed coast guard captain for an additional fee.
Can We Go to a Lakefront Restaurant By Boat?
You are allowed to use the valet service. You are not allowed to pull up to any piers.
I Have a Bigger Party. Can You Accommodate Us?
Most Definitely! We can accommodate large groups, wedding parties and bachelor/bachelorette parties. Click here for more info.